Thursday 11 December 2008

The Day Time Stood Still

Over the last few weeks it has been an emotional rollercoaster, especially with being told we were to be given our assignment marks. This made my stomach turn inside out because thinking if I failed the first core assignment, what would I be like under more stress and pressure to do tasks?

I got the chance to feel what t was like to be under pressure and have a short deadline to finish a task in when we were given a short mini task called Hokai. The task was to create and design a new paint tube from a technical brief that we were given with a timescale of 3 hours 30 minutes. The design itself was exciting and challenging because of the work area we had to develop ideas for and to put all necessary information on that was given. Personally it wouldn’t be what I wanted to do have a qualified designer but it better than writing all the time.

The following Monday we had to give a 10 minute presentation on what we had learned the following week about the PARC principles. The group I was in had to give an example of repetition and show some examples of the different kinds and a summary of what it was. I wasn’t that nervous about getting up because I’m not a shy person, but when the nerves stood in front of the group kicked in and I was speechless.

I found this strange has I have done presentations before for my A levels and couldn’t understand why I was like this, but I think it could have been the fact I study with the same peers over the week and they were more like friends than just a group of people.

No comments: