Wednesday 8 October 2008

The Longest Yard

Now that four week has passed the feeling of being nervous has faded away after given the chance to get to know each other better, become more comfortable within the group and taking part in team building events in and out of college.

As the first few weeks progressed and the forum and self study tasks got introduced I felt generally pleased until I posted my first thread and found out that my (SPG) spelling, punctuation and grammar was not at a satisfactory level and told it was needed to be improved. These comments hit me hard and got me down on some days, but I thought to myself that the only way to fix the problem was to practice more and get use to using ‘proper’ English by every means necessary.

The self study tasks that we got set including ‘ Finding Inspiration’ I found difficult comment on my inspirational work has I have not had previous experience with doing this task which I’m still trying to find the right words to describe the pieces chosen.

With taken the comments in mind of what I have done so far, I think for the future I will try to be more expressive with my work and practise has much as possible with my academic skills which includes SPG and referencing sources of information.

But on a good note the course so far is meeting my expectations on challenges, and that I’m learning about software I have never used before and cannot wait for the future experiences.

No comments: