Friday 3 October 2008

Where I’ve come from; where I am now; where I’m going


I am a full time first year HND Interactive Media student currently studying at Wakefield College. Throughout the year I have experienced full time and part time employment that included working all areas of different industries, from management to general warehouse and administration work.

Also I have had the chance to obtain two A Level qualifications in computing which I also studied at Wakefield College back in 2003.

During my previous years I have had high points and low points of my life and through this I think I have become a more mature person and understand things that younger people wouldn't or don't have experience of. Also I think it has made me a stronger and more open minded individual towards how to look at life and decide what I want from it and how I need to behave to achieve my goals.

I think that I have come to a point in my life where I want to better myself and improve my skills in different aspects of the computer and design industry. I have had previous experience and knowledge in these areas but not enough to progress further into industrial employment or be able to acquire a qualification that is credited with UK companies.

From the time I will be spending at college I hope that I will get many different experiences and gather more skills and get a better understanding about web development and how it works. Also I wish to be challenged in the work I get set so I will be able to work to my full potential to get the required grade, and the grade I deserve.

I would also like to learn software applications and design packages that I have never used before and have little or no understanding of. I think this will increase the potential of my creativeness and also extend the range of my design skills and make me think ‘Out of the box’.

No comments: